Almost a thousand years of history ...
Early in 1101, Benedictine monks settled in the north-east part of Lake Bourget
in a high mountain valley of Cessens, hence the name of Haute-Combe (Upper Combe).
XIIth to XVth century
XVth to XVIth century
The management entrusted to abbot administrators more interested in enjoying the immediate income of the abbey, as opposed to maintaining the property and monks, caused the Abbey to fall slowly into ruins.
XXth and XXIst century
In 1922, the Benedictine community of the Sainte-Madeleine de Marseille Abbey, of the congregation of Saint-Pierre de Solesmes settled in.
In 1992, the Benedictine Community went to a priory in Ganagobie.
The abbot and the archbishop of Chambery asked the Chemin Neuf Community to pursue the vocation of prayer and hospitality of the Abbey.
Reception in the abbey : +33 4 79 54 26 12 - Fax : +33 4 79 54 29 94
E-mail : accueil.hautecombe-at-laposte.net
Visits, shop :
+33 4 79 54 58 80 - Fax. +33 4 79 54 29 94
E-mail : librairie.hautecombe-at-wanadoo.fr
Abbaye d’Hautecombe - 73310 SAINT-PIERRE-DE-CURTILLE
Website : www.hautecombe.org
© Communauté du Chemin Neuf